Rocking horse project

Restoration of a rocking horse. This is the finished product. It was stripped down to the bone and new plaster applied where needed. The paintwork is as close to the original in pattern as I could manage, so is the upholstery. This horse never had a mane and tail, and now an old pony has donated these items for posterity. I used to make subs out of bits of old coloured wool, and had dreamed of doing this up. My own child was the excuse to action the project, but she was pretty big by the time I finished it off.



Comment on this post

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *